Disclaimer: Note that the firm is no longer accepting cases for the anti-psychotic medication Abilify or Tylenol autism cases. Thank you.
Select Page

A Michigan mother is suing her daughter’s charter school after administrators ignored repeated reports of sexual harassment and abuse of her daughter. Another student targeted her child and would inappropriately touch her almost daily.

About Sexual Harassment

Student Sexual HarassmentIn 2017, close to 13,000 Americans filed sexual harassment complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). There are different forms of sexual harassment. Sometimes, this creates a hostile work environment when there is severe and ongoing sexually offensive behavior. There are different liability rules, but federal, state and municipal laws clearly prohibit harassment based on sex, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.

Student Sexual Harassment Is Ignored by Admins

The victim is a 9-year-old fourth grader. The abuse began in October of 2018. A male student in her class would try to rub his penis through his pants on both the girl and her friend. Then, the student put his hand on her upper thigh and would smack her bottom.
When the girl complained, administrators put the boy in an in-school suspension for a just a half day. However, he could still play and eat snacks. No one investigated the allegations or did anything to keep the child away from his victim. The mother repeatedly emailed the school and district administrators. Yet, administrators told her the situation was under control. Instead, the mother received retaliation.
Sad CoupleShe was studying to renew her substitute certification, yet the school told her not to continue anymore. The mother removed the child from the school and filed a Title IX suit. This is federal anti-sexual discrimination law.

Sexual Harassment Attorney

Therefore, if you have experienced sexual harassment in any form in the workplace, you should contact a qualified employment attorney as soon as possible. If the harassment has not stopped after making a formal complaint with your employer, consulting a harassment lawyer is your best option. Your attorney will be able to provide further guidance and help build a case to end the harassment.

What Our Clients Are Saying