Sexual abuse is any unwanted sexual conduct. It can also be harm by tricking, manipulating, or coercing the person into undesired sexual contact. This includes sexual contact with a person that is unable to communicate consent or disapproval.
Unfortunately, there is little research about rehab sexual abuse. Therefore, it is often understood. The abuse tends to cause medical problems resulting in difficulties communicating with confusion or memory loss. This doesn’t help with reporting the abuse.
About Rehab Sexual Abuse
Common sexual abuse follows these statistics:
- Women are 6 times more likely to be victims of sexual abuse.
- Only about 30% of victims of sexual abuse over the age of 65 years actually report the abuse to the authorities.
- About 83% of victims of sexual abuse reside in an institutional care center, such as a nursing home.
- Around 30% of victims of sexual abuse occurred in either the elder’s own home or in the perpetrators home.
- 80% of the time, the perpetrator of sexual abuse was the caregiver to the elder.
- About 76% of sexual abuse victims have had their incident witnessed by another.
Signs of Sexual Abuse
Signs of sexual abuse can be behavioral or physical. These include:
- Pelvic injury
- Issues walking or sitting
- New STD
- Torn, bloody or stained underwear
- Bruises of the genitals or inner thigh
- Bleeding from the anus or genitals
- Irritation or pain of the anus or genitals
- Panic attacks
- Social or emotional withdrawal
- Inappropriate, unusual or aggressive sexual activities
- Suicide attempts
- Engaging in unusual or inappropriate
If you have a loved one or someone you care for who is showing signs of abuse or neglect, you may need legal help. The first step is to set up a free consultation by contacting us immediately.
If you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected, do not accept denials. Instead, contact a knowledgeable lawyer experienced with representing victims. We have been assisting the injured for 20 years. We help clients from all over the country. Our consultations are completely free. Call today.