Gadolinium Toxicity Symptoms
Those with gadolinium toxicity present symptoms shortly after a contrast MRI. They can also have chronic symptoms for years. Since the medical community believes these contrast dyes are harmless, many don’t trace their symptoms back on their timeline to their scan. Some of the common symptoms are hard to describe to a doctor, who may not be familiar with the constellation of symptoms or pass a patient to another medical specialty.
- Pain – aching; burning, tingling, and/or prickling pain (paresthesia); deep bone pain. Typically in extremities or joints, and sometimes in the location where the MRI occurred, like the head.
- Dermal changes – like tight skin, lesions, hyperpigmentation. Most often in extremities.
- Muscle issues – twitching – small, local, rapid contractions and weakness
- Ocular problems – worsening vision, dry eyes, bloodshot eyes
- Cognitive symptoms
- Ear, nose and throat – tinnitus, swallowing, and also voice problems
- Low body temperature
- Hair loss
- Itchy skin
- Balance problems
- Swelling of extremities (edema)
Most people with Gadolinium Toxicity experience symptoms within the first month after contrast. For many, symptoms start within a few days, and some within hours of injection. Symptoms can be intense or subtle and can last up to 5 years or more. Plus, there is no known cure.
Free Case Evaluation
A gadolinium lawsuit may be an option for patients suffering from gadolinium retention and related complications. Gadolinium, used in dyes to increase the clarity of MRI and MRA scans, can create chemical element retention in the body, Therefore, this increases the risk of gadolinium deposition disease. This condition is accompanied by symptoms that include severe physical pain and cognitive difficulties. Affected patients and their loved ones may be able to file a lawsuit and recover damages.
Therefore, for more information, contact The Michael Brady Lynch Firm. We offer free, confidential, no-obligation consultations. We have over 20 years of experience helping consumers injured by unsafe products manufactured by large companies.