Attorney Michael Brady Lynch to Lecture at Mass Tort Nexus Convention
Attorney Michel Brady Lynch, Esq. of The Michael Brady Lynch Firm in Winter Park will speak on November 11 in Ft. Lauderdale for Mass Tort Nexus’ convention on the subject of Pradaxa. Michael’s lecture is part of an intense 4-Day Immersion Course sponsored by Mass Tort Nexus. Attorneys from all over the United States converge to hear the leaders in the industry discuss innovative tactics and the latest litigation developments.
“Mass Tort Nexus is unlike any other attorney education program in the country,” said Attorney Lynch. “Their immersion course is far more than just a seminar, it is the gold standard for mass torts practice education hands down.”
About Michael Brady Lynch
Michael Brady Lynch is the founder and lead trial attorney for The Michael Brady Lynch Firm. For over 20 years as a trial attorney, Michael has been a passionate consumer advocate for victims of defective drugs and their families.
Not only is Michael Brady Lynch fervent about justice, but also Michael Brady Lynch holds leadership positions in numerous State and Federal mass tort products liability actions, including:
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee (“PSC”) of In re Pradaxa Products Liability Litigation MDL #2385, which resulted in a global settlement of claims in excess of $650 million.
- Plaintiff’s Executive Committee (PEC) in California coordinated Pradaxa litigation JCCP 4863, ongoing litigation representing victims of Pradaxa uncontrollable bleeding events post-MDL settlement.
- Plaintiff’s Leadership Committee (“PLC”) of In re Pradaxa Connecticut State Court Consolidated Proceeding, ongoing litigation representing victims of Pradaxa uncontrollable bleeding events post-MDL settlement.
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee (“PSC”) of In re Viagra Products Liability Litigation MDL #2691, representing victims of melanoma associated with the erectile dysfunction drug Viagra.
- Bellwether Committee for In re Xarelto Products Liability Litigation MDL #2592, responsible for the analysis and selection of trial cases in the Xarelto MDL.
Your Pradaxa Attorney
Approved by the FDA in October 2010 to prevent strokes in patients with atrial fibrillation, Pradaxa was the first blood thinner to compete with the longtime treatment of warfarin (brand names Coumadin and Jantoven). Just over a year later, research began to emerge, linking Pradaxa to serious bleeding risks that were not communicated to patients.
In December 2011, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a safety announcement regarding the bleeding incidents reported for patients taking Pradaxa. The FDA notes such bleeding risks are serious and have proven deadly.
Later, in November 2014, The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported that Pradaxa is associated with a 30% greater risk of a bleeding event, a 58% greater risk of major bleeding, and 85% greater risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
The reports resulted in thousands of lawsuits against the maker of Pradaxa for victims of uncontrollable bleeding events. The lawsuits were spearheaded by Michael Brady Lynch and a select group of mass tort attorneys from around the country.
Michael Brady Lynch, the founder of The Michael Brady Lynch Firm, was a member of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in the Pradaxa Multi-District Litigation and instrumental in securing the $650 million settlement for those injured by Pradaxa’s uncontrollable bleeding. Mr. Lynch continues to be a leader in Pradaxa litigation nationwide in representing those who continue to suffer uncontrollable bleeding events from Pradaxa.
Attorney Lynch has said, “The U.S. numbers for Pradaxa bleeding events are truly staggering. It is on the verge of a national health disaster.”
To register for this convention or for additional information on Mass Tort Nexus and future courses, please click the link to navigate to their website.