The Journal of the Amercian Medical Association (JAMA) recently published a study that examined changes in life expectancy between the years 2000 and 2015 from drug poisoning. The study found that life expectancy overall increased from 76.8 years in 2000 to 78.8 years in 2015. However, drug poisoning mortality more than doubled in the United States from 2000-2015. This included poisoning mortality involving opioids, which more than tripled. at birth decreased by almost three months. This is the first drop in 25 years. Experts say the increased numbers of opioid users are to blame.
- The Most Opioid Addicted States in the U.S.
- Opioids Cause Mental Birth Injuries
- Children and the Opioid Crisis
- FDA Approves Lucemyra New Opioid Withdrawal Medication
- Opioid Addiction & Pregnancy
- Rising Cost of Opioid Overdose Hospitalization
- Opioid Litigation Could be Heading to Trial
- Opioid Overdose Causes Life Expectancy to Drop