Michael Lynch to Give Pradaxa Update at Mass Tort Nexus Conference
In Fort Lauderdale, FL, on March 11, Attorney Michel Brady Lynch, Esq. of The Michael Brady Lynch Firm in Winter Park will inform attorneys from around the country on the newest developments in the Pradaxa litigation. Attorney Michael Brady Lynch’s lecture is part of an intense 4-Day Immersion Course sponsored by Mass Tort Nexus. During this course, notable attorneys in the field of mass tort litigations converge to hear the leaders in the industry discuss innovative tactics and the latest litigation developments.
“Mass Tort Nexus is unlike any other attorney education program in the country,” said Attorney Michael Brady Lynch. “Their immersion course is far more than just a seminar; it is the gold standard for mass torts practice education hands down.”
Pradaxa Litigation Heats Up
Attorney Michael Brady Lynch is thrilled to be able to share exciting Pradaxa litigation news exclusively at his lecture during the Mass Tort Nexus convention. After months of deliberation, plaintiffs received a favorable order concerning evidence spoilation granted by Judge Ingrid Moll, who presides over the coordinated litigation in Connecticut state court. This order could alter the course of the entire Pradaxa litigation. Attorney Lynch will also give a detailed update on the status of the first Pradaxa trial to be heard by a jury currently underway in Connecticut.
Pradaxa is a prescription blood thinner that manufacturer Boehringer Ingelheim insisted was better than the standard warfarin. However, it is currently tied for first place as the drug most linked to adverse events. More than 4,000 people suffered from serious bleeding issues after using the blood thinner. Boehringer Ingelheim still denies any wrongdoing; however, after facing pressure from Attorney Michael Brady Lynch and a select group of mass tort attorneys the company announced in May 2014 that they would to settle before the lawsuit went to jury trial.
Attorney Michael Brady Lynch was a member of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in the previous litigation and was instrumental in securing the $650 million settlement for those injured by Pradaxa’s uncontrollable bleeding. He continues to be a leader in the second Pradaxa litigation nationwide by representing those who continue to suffer uncontrollable bleeding events from Pradaxa.
About Attorney Michael Brady Lynch
Attorney Michael Brady Lynch is the founder and lead trial attorney for The Michael Brady Lynch Firm. For over 20 years as a trial attorney, Michael has been a passionate consumer advocate for victims of defective drugs and their families.
Not only is Michael fervent about justice, but also holds leadership positions in numerous State and Federal mass tort products liability actions, including:
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee (“PSC”) of In re Pradaxa Products Liability Litigation MDL #2385, which resulted in a global settlement of claims in excess of $650 million.
- Plaintiff’s Executive Committee (PEC) in California coordinated Pradaxa litigation JCCP 4863, ongoing litigation representing victims of Pradaxa uncontrollable bleeding events post-MDL settlement.
- Plaintiff’s Leadership Committee (“PLC”) of In re Pradaxa Connecticut State Court Consolidated Proceeding, ongoing litigation representing victims of Pradaxa uncontrollable bleeding events post-MDL settlement.
- Plaintiff’s Steering Committee (“PSC”) of In re Viagra Products Liability Litigation MDL #2691, representing victims of melanoma associated with the erectile dysfunction drug Viagra.
- Bellwether Committee for In re Xarelto Products Liability Litigation MDL #2592, responsible for the analysis and selection of trial cases in the Xarelto MDL.
About Mass Torts Nexus
Mass Tort Nexus provides lawyers and other researchers with the information and resources to stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in ongoing Mass Tort Cases, as well as emerging Mass Tort Cases. Mass Tort Nexus focuses primarily on drug and medical device ongoing mass tort cases and emerging cases.
Attorneys who attended the Mass Tort Nexus conventions in the past describe the course as a practice-changing event. To register for the convention Attorney Michael Brady Lynch is speaking at or for additional information on Mass Tort Nexus and future courses, please click the link to navigate to their website.